Thursday, November 10, 2005

There's Something About Gloria...


...and I'm trying to figure out what exactly it is. (In case you couldn't already tell, slow news day.)

Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, Papa Ratzi's pal with the lovely Schloss in Regensburg unloaded a sizable collection of things the other night in New York, netting in excess of $6 million (thanks to the German desk for the article).

Better yet, someone from EWTN -- yes, that EWTN, where the shortage of note is a laity shortage -- spent some time here the other day while engaging in a Google search of the onetime "Punk Princess." As TNT has made quite a name for herself engaging in social and doctrinal commentary across Europe, could she be their next big host? It'd be quite a way to score points with the Apostolic Palace....

PHOTO: Juergen Teller

-30-

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

She looks so different, so, ugh, respectable. So suburban.
But I guess that is what so many of my friends say about me as I cruise town in a Volvo station wagon.

10/11/05 02:28  
Blogger Unknown said...

She looks like a pretty good trencher-person, if you ask me.

She would be welcome any time at my kitchen table or barbecue.

10/11/05 11:36  
Blogger Venerable Aussie said...

"someone from EWTN ... spent some time here the other day while engaging in a Google search of the onetime "Punk Princess."

I'm a bit intrigued by that comment. Do you dig into everyone who visits your site?

Gee, that would put a few people off...

10/11/05 16:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home