Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"Fatwa" Digest

You know, all this wishful thinking of my demise from the Mothers of Tradition is really making me duty-bound to remind everyone that I'm still here.

Why all these self-anointed "orthodox" people are jumping on each other to play the part of Gloria Swanson, all swathed in fur in the back of a Rolls-Royce, is somewhat puzzling.

That said, the saga continues.

One of the Most Reverend Fathers -- who didn't get invited to the Big Show at the Aula -- decided to get away from the Roman hubbub for the week and go to... Fatima.

No, I'm not making this up.

He actually didn't intend to go to "Fatwa," as he called it, but as he says, "The only person who said 'I am not going to Fatima' and stuck by their word was Maria Beata Semper Virginis."

Don't shoot the messenger, people. Not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just reporting the quote.

Well, he found something really interesting this morning -- Marini in wax

Lovely, no?

Our correspondent continues, "I tried to get a take-away statue of Blessed Piero of Martirano for you, but they had all sold out to the trogs, who had bought them all, along with a number of needles..."

Can't say I'm terribly surprised about that.

Observant readers will note that the JP figure isn't wearing a pallium.... I'm told the situation is already being rectified.

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home