Wednesday, September 14, 2005

How's He Doin'?

Admittedly, I've been watching what I can of the Roberts Hearings. It's like my ConLaw class at Penn all over again. And that was a great class -- I even passed up a visit with The Great Damien Rice (and his even greater cellist) to do the review session... Long story.

But how's he doin'?

Apparently, this exchange occurred yesterday:
Over and over, he assured lawmakers he would be guided by his understanding of the facts of cases, the law and the Constitution, not by his personal views.

"My faith and my religious beliefs do not play a role,'' added Roberts, who is Catholic.

"I will be my own man,'' he said later in a daylong session that Republicans said had firmly established his prospects for swift confirmation.

Well, hey, think of it this way -- even Chuck Schumer had to admit at one point, "You will be the Chief Justice."

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home