Monday, September 12, 2005

Magnificenzo? Me?

You know, darlings, one of the perks of being religion journalist extraordinaire is that, every so often, I get to have what I call a "John Paul moment" -- those blessed times where I get to quote myself.

This will be a big week for those. Watch out.

Fulltext isn't up yet, but here's the first tease... Keep an eye on your local newspapers, all thanks to our good friends at RNS.
As Pope Benedict XVI prepares to make his first major personnel moves in the United States, American Catholics can expect the beginning of a subtle but substantive change in the makeup of the church's hierarchy. While the former Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger played an advisory role in the appointment of bishops the last 24 years, Benedict has inherited the papacy's absolute authority to select suitable leaders for the world's 2,700 dioceses, 197 of which are in the United States.
If I may say so myself, that's just juicy.....

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home