Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Sunday Musing

I'm trying to figure out if someone at The New York Times lost their aesthetic sense, because the brides aren't pretty today.

Yes, admittedly, my first look at the Sunday paper is invariably the Weddings and Celebrations Section. It's in accord with a long-standing tradition -- and because, when my day comes, this Groom's getting covered in the Vows column. I kid you not: my mug belongs in Sunday Styles. Or, because of the large number of hierarchy in attendance, the wedding of the century might be mistaken for the opening of a Plenary Council and end up in the A Section. Better yet.

Well, hey, at least it'll be the Catholic wedding of the century.

SVILUPPO: In response to some e.mails I've gotten, it definitely wasn't my intent to smash-and-bash all the happy couples in this weekend's Weddings section -- where the grooms, it should be noted, are always hideous without fail. (Which is why the Vows column needs your humble writer when the day comes, to kick the Male Fabulous Quotient up a bit.)

This is just another instance of me being uber-picky.... Oh well.

And one last thing -- the young woman, in that Motorola commercial? Ichiban.

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home