Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bloviating

Jeez.... Watching Bill O'Reilly and Chuck Schumer face off. And O'Reilly's telling Schumer what John Roberts is gonna do, as if the Chief Justice of the United States will report to him.

Ah, the excesses of media.

But with an eye to the future, I'm actively kicking around the idea of The Loggiacast -- yes, snowflakes, my voice reaching to the ends of the earth. And you thought the writing was crazy... Be afraid? I'm told I have a fabulous radio voice, so hopefully that'll help.

A couple concepts I've got in mind for it (I'm thinking a half-hour deal):
  • Interviews with fellow religion journalists, and maybe even a prelate or two, on the big stories and worthy stories not widely covered elsewhere
  • A distinct cultural component -- not the latest singers out of Steubenville or EWTN, but more geared to the secular consciousness (you should know by now I'm not the happy-clappy type)
  • The Jeff-and-Todd Love-In
  • A weekly reading from the works of Marini, Ratzinger, or another great father of the modern church
  • An Italian segment done nella lingua natale
  • A weekly Conan O'Brien-esque rendition of "I'm-a gonna go to hell when I die...."
  • And as a wind-down, the Commentor of the Week segement -- a five minute interview with the most angry lunatic from the previous week's comboxes... and we all know how competitive a field that is...
Sound good? I need a theme song... Anyone got any ideas??? And if anyone can lend me a hand with the tech angle, by all means drop me a line.

-30-

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

Will there be transcripts?

16/9/05 09:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home