Sunday, February 12, 2006

Fa Neva

Good afternoon from a city which has been socked -- SOCKED, I tell you -- with about 12, 15, 18 inches of snow. I don't have a ruler; it's just a lot of snow. I stop counting after three inches.

My West Coast friends and sources were taunting me yesterday, as it's 75 in California and snow is something you take pictures of there, and then it melts the next day.

Admittedly, it's fair comeuppance -- we've had the "best" (i.e. most springlike) winter in memory. Even last week, I was walking around in flip-flops (proof indeed, as if we needed more, that avoiding life behind the Damask Curtain was a wise choice), and to this point in the season we've had maybe two inches of snow, which is unheard of.

Global warming, I tell ya....

So it's time to dig out some more.

-30-