Saturday, February 11, 2006

300 Kilos of Loggiaheads.... And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

About an hour ago, a good soul checking in from Walton, Nebraska became the 300,000th Visitor to traverse this Loggia since the institution of The Counter last 4 June.

I'm preparing an analysis of the numbers for our Stakeholders -- that's all of you -- to be released sometime next week, but suffice it to say that they're growing by leaps and bounds. It took four months to reach the first 100K, just under three months to hit 200,000, and half that (i.e. six weeks) to get to 300,000.

He moves in mysterious ways His wonders to perform.... And I'm not talking about B16, either.

All I can say is thank you (hundreds of) thousands of times over to everyone who's made these pages a trusted and enjoyable part of your days, and for spreading the word around. The support, feedback and encouragement you give means the world. And for everything I have failed to do, especially the e.mails I've been inexcusably lax in replying to, I ask your forgiveness.

Lastly, to those who've generated even more exposure for Whispers with your gratuitous mouth-foaming, grazie mille. I've come to learn that said apoplexy is the best free advertising around.

All that said, back to business.

-30-