Thursday, November 03, 2005

The November Conclave

So our friendly neighborhood United States Conference of Bishops has announced that its annual November plenary -- which traditionally lasts four public days, Monday to Thursday -- will sit exclusively in executive session after noon of the second day.

And to think I was all prepped to go, too -- I was just about to submit my credential form, but oh well. (The looks on faces would've been priceless.) Whatever the case, as one senior US prelate once told me, "I wouldn't call our meetings 'fun.'" He wouldn't, but I would.

Gives me more time to prep for dinner with papal friend Fr Hans Kung, which is also on my agenda for that week. Hey, the phone calls'll come in from three hours' south and I'll be happy. To be honest, I'm not the biggest DC fan.

So it's next June in... well, where are they meeting next June?

-30-

1 Comments:

Blogger David L Alexander said...

"Benesixteen." That's a new one, I gotta remember that. Oh, and Rocco, if you change your mind and decide to come to DC, write manwithblackhat at yahoo dot com and we'll do dinner at the hotel.

4/11/05 09:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home