Wednesday, September 07, 2005

More Truth From HMS

Kevin Miller takes the Elvis-haters to task:

I'm not uncritical of McCarrick. Most notably - as I've said on this blog - I think that pro-abortion "Catholic" pols should be denied Communion, and I don't think McCarrick accurately represented the Vatican's (specifically, Ratzinger's) view of the matter last year.

But neither do I think McCarrick is mostly bad. On the contrary, I think that, for the most part, he has been an honest and zealous preacher of the faith.

Consider his words about abortion on the occasions of the 2004 and 2005 Roe anniversaries.

Consider his letter last spring on a Maryland stem-cell bill.

Consider his promotion of daily Mass and adoration for this Year of the Eucharist.

Consider his WYD catechesis last month, in which he made kids uncomfortable by exhorting them to courage in living the faith.

Again, I'm by no means claiming that McCarrick is perfect. But I don't think the CWN gang is in any position to point fingers. Injustice hardly promotes the faith.


The message: logic trumps the CWN golden calf of conservative (as opposed to Catholic) ideology. Well, it should. And here's hoping it does.

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home