Thursday, June 26, 2014
- Name: Rocco Palmo
One of global Catholicism's most prominent chroniclers, Rocco Palmo has held court as the "Church Whisperer" since 2004, when the pages you're reading were launched with an audience of three, grown since by nothing but word of mouth, and kept alive throughout solely by means of reader support.
A former US correspondent for the London-based international Catholic weekly The Tablet, he's been a church analyst for The New York Times, Associated Press, Washington Post, Reuters, Los Angeles Times, BBC, NBC, CNN and NPR among other mainstream print and broadcast outlets worldwide.
A native of Philadelphia, Rocco Palmo attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2010, he received a Doctorate of Humane Letters honoris causa from Aquinas Institute of Theology in St Louis.
In 2011, Palmo co-chaired the first Vatican conference on social media, convened by the Pontifical Councils for Culture and Social Communications. By appointment of Archbishop Charles Chaput OFM Cap., he's likewise served on the first-ever Pastoral Council of the Archdiocese, whose Church remains his home.
- Quote of the Day
- In Calabria, The Pope's Hit – "The Mafia Is Excomm...
- For the Synod, The Baseline Cometh
- For Summer "Vacation," Francis Meets the Mob
- Baltimore Gets the Berkshires: Charm City's Rozans...
- In Crescent City, The Bench Marches In
- At the Vatican, A Time for Peace
- "Lord, Send Forth Your Spirit Upon Us!"
- "The Perspective of the Gospel" – In Francis' Defe...
- For Francis, The Synod "Makes Good"... and Other J...