Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Name: Rocco Palmo
One of global Catholicism's most prominent chroniclers, Rocco Palmo has held court as the "Church Whisperer" since 2004, when the pages you're reading were launched with an audience of three, grown since by nothing but word of mouth, and kept alive throughout solely by means of reader support.
A former US correspondent for the London-based international Catholic weekly The Tablet, Palmo's served as a church analyst for The New York Times, Associated Press, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, BBC, NBC, CNN, National Public Radio and many other mainstream print and broadcast outlets worldwide.
A native of Philadelphia, Rocco Palmo attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2010, he received a Doctorate of Humane Letters honoris causa from Aquinas Institute of Theology in St Louis. In 2012, he was named an at-large member of the Pastoral Council of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia by Archbishop Charles Chaput OFM Cap.
- "How Do We Find Our Way Into the Wide World?"
- From the President's Desk: A Full Loaf
- Back in Germany... and Into a Storm
- "I Have Come To Speak About God"
- Indy, Vacant
- In Indy, the Finish Line: Ailing Buechlein Set to ...
- In Manchester, "Arise and Walk"
- Granite Gets Rock: Long Island's Libasci Headed to...
- In the UK, One Year Later
- For "ManchVegas," Jackpot Time?