Wednesday, January 13, 2010
- Name: Rocco Palmo
One of global Catholicism's most prominent chroniclers, Rocco Palmo has held court as the "Church Whisperer" since 2004, when the pages you're reading were launched with an audience of three, grown since by nothing but word of mouth, and kept alive throughout solely by means of reader support.
A former US correspondent for the London-based international Catholic weekly The Tablet, he's been a church analyst for The New York Times, Associated Press, Washington Post, Reuters, Los Angeles Times, BBC, NBC, CNN and NPR among other mainstream print and broadcast outlets worldwide.
A native of Philadelphia, Rocco Palmo attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. In 2010, he received a Doctorate of Humane Letters honoris causa from Aquinas Institute of Theology in St Louis.
In 2011, Palmo co-chaired the first Vatican conference on social media, convened by the Pontifical Councils for Culture and Social Communications. By appointment of Archbishop Charles Chaput OFM Cap., he's likewise served on the first-ever Pastoral Council of the Archdiocese, whose Church remains his home.
- "Mirrors of Divine Charity": True Saints, "True Re...
- For Haiti, "Your Help is Urgently Needed"
- "Free Will, Conscience, and Moral Choice": Pelosi-...
- Pray for Haiti
- Après Danneels, Muscle for Brussels
- Streams and Pastors
- The "State of the World," 2010 Edition
- Baptized In the Spirit, "Be Who You Are"
- At Year's Change, the Papal "States" Return
- Quote of the (12th) Day