Monday, February 16, 2009

Big One Digest: 15 Hours... or More

Mid-afternoon, and even much of the A-list remains on the proverbial "pins and needles."

For the record, the "tomorrow" talk 'round these parts is a mixed bag... but as the decision on whether to make an evening run up the Jersey Turnpike nears, on the ground Gary Stern of the Westchester Journal-News reports thus:

Tomorrow, I may prove to have been correct (finally). Several signs point to the big announcement of the next archbishop tomorrow. We should know bright and early if this is, in fact, the case.

It seems that everyone thinks that Dolan, currently the archbishop of Milwaukee, will get the Big Job. I chatted with him briefly at the NAC and remember being impressed by his friendly demeanor. He smiles. And he looked me in the eye when we talked.

That’s not much to go on, I know. But we may know more soon.

If there’s a press conference tomorrow, I’ll do my best to get down there on time (traffic permitting. The FDR is never friendly).

...as will the narrator, of course. But not that the NJT is any friendlier.

Stay tuned.

-30-