Monday, October 06, 2008

Sean Touts Trig

At a Beantown rally for yesterday's celebration of Respect Life Sunday, the cardinal-archbishop led cheers for the special-needs son of the GOP's vice-presidential nominee:
"I very seldom get to see any television, but I did watch part of the political conventions, and for me the star of the conventions was Trig Palin, whose mother said that he was 'beautiful' and 'perfect,' " [Cardinal Sean] O'Malley said. "And when his little sister used that spit to slick his hair down, I mean, I stood up and applauded."

O'Malley's reference to the 5-month-old child comes in a political season in which the role of the abortion issue for Catholic voters has become more contested than ever.
In his remarks, the Capuchin cardinal added that 9 out of 10 unborn children diagnosed with Down syndrome are aborted.

PHOTO: David Ryan/Boston Globe

-30-