Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Into Gear

Happy Tuesday, church -- yep, your daily feed is back... and once the mental cobwebs of six weeks' off-duty -- plus a reflection and August recap -- get cleared out, hopefully it'll be a bit more coherent... even though all anybody wants to know is who's going to St Louis... at least, thus say the notes.

Seriously though, gang, thanks for all the patience and kindness -- and, of course, the prayers -- sent this way over the hiatus; the only deluxe thing about it was simply having the downtime to "be human," catch up on sleep and have something of a life for a change, but all that alone was a great gift.

Suffice it to say, I've got my inbox cut out for me, and that's just for starters. I'll do my best to handle the backlog, but much as I'd like to promise more, experience has taught me well that a "one-man band" can only do so much, and can only do it well one thing at a time. That said, for every last e.mail and everything else along the way, just know I'm grateful beyond words, and even more sorry for the way too many things that fall through the cracks.

More as it's ready... and now, back to the chaos.

-30-