Friday, December 01, 2006

In the Spirit of Cultural Monologue

In case you've been seeking a sound by-product of the current apostolic journey, to the rescue come Bill O'Reilly and Pat Robertson from last night's 700 Club:
ROBERTSON: When are the traditionalists going to get together? We're doing everything we can to mobilize people, but why don't they stand up and fight these people?

O'REILLY: You know, I ask that question about my own church, the Catholic Church. The Roman Catholic Church has been very silent in the culture war. Interestingly enough, the lead in the culture war has been taken by evangelical Christians. They're the ones that are most outspoken. But the regular folks and the Catholics, and things like that -- they're afraid. They're afraid because they see what happens to people like you and me. We are demonized across the airwaves, in the newspapers, and, you know, I really don't want that. I really don't want to put myself in the sling....

ROBERTSON: Well, Bill, I appreciate you, and this book, ladies and gentlemen, it's a blockbuster. Bill O'Reilly, Culture Warrior -- it's a gorgeous title, and they're selling like crazy.
It's "orthodoxy" in action. Finally.

-30-