Saturday, August 12, 2006

Acknowledgements

I've told friends that, whenever The Book goes forward, the longest chapter will be the thank-yous... to everyone who's had to put up with me at some point.

In that vein, you lot have humbled me yet again since Wednesday's pitch. So, before all else, a general thank you to all those who reached out and have sent encouragement and support in so many ways. You have no idea how much it all means.

As I was reminded earlier tonight, I'm keenly aware of my "dovere" to acknowledge each and every bit of it, so with apologies for the delay, and in between spending time with a Roman delegation gracing us with their presence, I'll be doing that over the weekend. I would've done it earlier, but I'm still digging out from a bad sinus bug which kept me in bed for two days and made me indescribably loopy -- which is no position to respond adequately to anything.

Again, all apologies -- and thank God for antibiotics. And Clarinex-D.

While we're at it, it seems my latest Busted Halo piece accomplished what a "good" column is supposed to, and provoked a bit of a firestorm of reaction -- this time from our left flank -- but also many other wonderful insights from all sides. Let me just say that nobody ever said "Sentire cum Ecclesia" would be easy, but it is what we must do.

Know that I'm grateful for the dewfall of replies, and so much as my brain can function -- and my besieged wrists (already on the verge of carpal tunnel) can take it -- I'm doing my best to get back to those, too.

Whatever the case, know that I read and love every piece of goodness I get -- even when it ain't pretty, it's still good. So thank you, thank you, thank you... and goodnight.

-30-