Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Mother of All Nightmares

OK, people, your humble narrator is Fit. To. Be. Tied. Right now.

Of course, as our frequent readers know, this is nothing new. But this is something which all of you might, for once, sympathize with.

Whatever your leanings, it's nothing short of insane.

Welcome to my nightmare. I'm juggling a webchat and two phones. What a way to end what was supposed to be The Day.

I wasn't going to announce anything until it was all fired up, but thanks in great part to the recent Fund Drive (which still isn't over, by the way), I was able to rectify my computer troubles and end my exile in the land of Poaching by purchasing a laptop. So I got up this morning all excited, as today was The Day it was supposed to arrive -- Let Freedom Ring, the Day of Reckoning, the whole shebanga-bang.

Operative phrase: "Supposed to."

After keeping an eye on the UPS tracker all day, it popped up that The Package was delivered at 6.03pm. Only problem is that The Package was delivered to a destination which was not Loggia House, signed for by someone named "Nguen."

There is nobody named "Nguen," or anything close to it, in residence here at Loggia House.

So thanks to some looped-out UPS driver, the laptop many of you have helped to fund is now being played with by somebody else God knows where.

Merry Christmas.

Don't you just love the stupidity of it? I would, if I could. But I can't. At least not right now. I could, however, start tearing wires out of walls at any given second. Then again, as our frequent readers know, this is nothing new. But hopefully it is a frustration of the kind which, for once, you could easily understand.

Back to screaming at Customer Care reps. More as I have it.

And just in case you didn't already get the message, a subtle reminder: UPS BLEW IT.

-30-