Friday, August 12, 2005

Wanted: Tribal Chiefs

From the Washington Times, that poster rears its freaky head again:
An edgy poster showing a somber Catholic priest in full black cassock and sunglasses posed like "The Matrix" star Keanu Reeves is proving so popular that the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has snapped up 5,000 of them.

They'll be distributed starting Monday to the thousands of young people attending World Youth Day in Cologne, Germany, not only as guests of Pope Benedict XVI, but as targets for some gentle recruiting.
Yeah, it sure is edgy -- it scares the bejesus outta me. The church needs priests, not dungeons and dragons masters. All style, no substance. Tell me something I don't know.

-30-

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As I have said in person and on my blog, I would much rather have a priest as servant model bring men to the priesthood than this new superhero priest.

This poster came from my diocese. Sheesh. I wish it would fade away, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

Maggie

12/8/05 17:35  
Blogger Der Tommissar said...

Dungeon's and Dragons Masters?

#1 Father's not overweight.
#2 Father appears to have clear skin.
#3 Father appears to have no Cheetos stains on his fingers.

Where do you get DM from that?

18/8/05 12:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home